Veal with Mustard Cream Sauce
Serve these tender veal cutlets topped with a tangy cream sauce alongside asparagus and mashed potatoes.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 542mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1 pound veal cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place veal between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of veal with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of veal, and cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove veal from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and veal.
- Add chicken broth to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in half-and-half, mustard, and lemon juice. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 to 7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick. Spoon sauce over veal, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note