Veal with Mushroom Sauce
A splash of dry sherry and a sprinkle of nutmeg enhance the rich, creamy sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces veal, 1/2 cup sauce, and 1 cup noodles)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 34.8g
- Carbohydrate: 40.2g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 426mg
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Calcium: 124mg
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound veal cutlets (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While noodles cook, place veal between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of veal.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of veal, and cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and veal.
- Add mushrooms to pan. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender. Combine milk and next 3 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in sherry. Add reserved veal and juices to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes