- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound veal cutlets (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- calories 364
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- protein 34.8 g
- carbohydrate 40.2 g
- cholesterol 124 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 426 mg
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fiber 2.1 g
- calcium 124 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
While noodles cook, place veal between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of veal.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of veal, and cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and veal.
Add mushrooms to pan. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender. Combine milk and next 3 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in sherry. Add reserved veal and juices to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over noodles.