- 4 slices slab bacon
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) rump of veal, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cubed carrots
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (17-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 small onions, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and crumble. Reserve bacon drippings in Dutch oven.
Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper; sauté veal in drippings until browned. Add bacon, water, carrots, tomatoes, corn, onions, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce; cover and simmer 1 hour. Add potatoes; cover and simmer about 30 minutes.