Thin slices of veal rolled around a filling of prosciutto, pine nuts and mozzarella, simmered in Italian sauce and served with garlic cheese bread. Best of all, it's ready in under an hour. Recipe from Campbell's Kitchen.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted pine nuts
- 6 slice(s) prosciutto, cut into thirds
- 1 1/4 pound(s) veal scalloppine, cut into 18 pieces and pounded thin
- 1/4 pound(s) mozzarella cheese, cut into matchstick-thin strips
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 cup(s) Prego Traditional Italian Sauce (regular or Heart Smart)
- 1 10-ounce package(s) Pepperidge Farm Mozzarella and Garlic Loaf
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- • Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the bread crumbs and pine nuts in a small bowl.
- • Divide the prosciutto among the veal pieces. Top each with 1 tablespoon bread crumb mixture. Divide the cheese among the veal pieces. Roll up the veal pieces around the filling. Thread 3 veal rolls onto each of 6 (6-inch) skewers.
- • Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the skewers and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Pour the sauce over the skewers. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the veal is cooked through.
- • Meanwhile, bake the bread according to the package directions.
- • Cut the bread into 2-inch diagonal slices. Serve the bread with the veal and sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note