Made for my family tonight, but substituted chicken for veal. It was amazing! Chicken was tender. Plenty of sauce even for dressing the mashed potatoes.. Will add to our favorites!
Veal Scaloppine with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
This delicious veal scaloppine dish is topped with an impressive mushroom marsala sauce and is ready in 30 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 508
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 817mg
- Cholesterol: 153mg
- 1/3 cup flour
- About 1 tsp. salt, divided
- About 1 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound veal cutlets, pounded to about 1/4 in. thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2/3 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, 1 tsp. each salt and pepper, and the oregano. Lightly dust veal with flour mixture and set on a plate.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, brown veal in oil, turning once, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
- 3. In the same pan, melt butter, then add mushrooms and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add marsala and broth. Cook over high heat until slightly reduced, 5 minutes. Add cream and salt and pepper to taste. Return to a boil. Pour sauce over veal. Serve with sautéed spinach and mashed potatoes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes