Veal Scallopini Maryland
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) veal cutlets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fresh crab meat, drained and flaked
- 2 ounces prosciutto ham, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- Flatten veal to 1/8-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Dredge veal in flour mixture.
- Heat clarified butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add veal, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Place 1/4 cup butter, lemon juice, wine, parsley, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add crab meat and ham, tossing until thoroughly mixed. Spoon mixture over cutlets to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note