Awesome dish! Followed the recipe precisely and then added more wine, water and spices proportionally to have more sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds veal cutlets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Flatten cutlets to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Cut into serving size pieces. Sauté cutlets in oil in a large skillet until browned; remove from skillet, and set aside. Reserve oil in skillet.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet; sauté until tender. Add flour, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine, and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Return cutlets to skillet; pour water over cutlets. Cover and cook over low heat 45 minutes or until veal is tender.
- Transfer veal to a serving dish; pour mushroom gravy over top. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note