- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) veal cutlets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- Sauté cutlets in oil 4 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels; reserve drippings.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, and garlic in reserved pan drippings. Combine flour, salt, and pepper; add to sautéed vegetables, stirring well. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add wine and water; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add cutlets; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Transfer cutlets to a warm serving platter; spoon sauce over top, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This