Veal Roast with Mustard Cream Sauce
Adding sugar-free syrup to the creamy mustard sauce creates a pleasing combination of sweet and tangy flavors that's perfect with the mild-flavored veal roast.
Yield: 14 servings (serving size: 3 ounces roast and 1 1/2 tablespoons cream sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 251mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) boneless veal roast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Trim fat from roast. Combine minced basil, garlic powder, and pepper; sprinkle basil mixture over entire surface of roast.
- 3. Place a large ovenproof Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add roast; cook until browned on all sides, turning occasionally.
- 4. Combine white wine and bouillon granules. Pour wine mixture over roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until roast is tender, basting frequently with pan juices. Transfer roast to a serving platter; set aside, and keep warm.
- 5. Skim fat from pan juices. Reserve 1/4 cup pan juices; discard remaining pan juices. Combine 1/4 cup pan juices, sour cream, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and ginger in pan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sour cream mixture is thoroughly heated (do not boil). Cut roast diagonally across grain into thin slices; serve with mustard sauce.
- carbo rating: 2
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This