Veal Pot Roast
- 1 (6- to 7-pound) boneless veal rump roast
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 ( 14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (2-inch) stick cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Make 12 small slits on outside of roast; stuff with garlic and cloves. Brown roast on all sides in butter in a Dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 2 hours and 15 minutes or until roast is tender. Transfer roast to serving platter. Remove cinnamon; serve pan drippings with roast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note