Delicious. Tried this as written, served over capellini with a side of green beans, and loved it. My husband, who doesn't love veal as much as other proteins, raved about it. Definitely a favorite! The video, while unnecessary, is a nice double-check for a beginner such as myself!
Enjoy this lemony Italian veal favorite with simple steamed green beans and mashed sweet potatoes.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 2 cutlets and 3 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 281
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 21.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 964mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 (2-ounce) veal cutlets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Combine water and egg white in another shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip floured cutlet in egg white mixture; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cutlets to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add broth, rind, juice, and capers to pan; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over cutlets; serve immediately. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes