More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 36.6g
- Carbohydrate: 25.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 812mg
- Calcium: 301mg
- 4 (4-ounce) veal cutlets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place each cutlet between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Combine flour and pepper in a large bowl. Place the egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow dish.
- Dredge veal in flour mixture. Dip each cutlet in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal, and saute 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup Tomato Sauce in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange cutlets in a single layer on top of sauce; spoon the remaining Tomato Sauce over veal. Sprinkle veal with mozzarella. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes