- 4 (4-ounce) veal cutlets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 362
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 12.2 g
- satfat 5.6 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 36.6 g
- carbohydrate 25.4 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 111 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 812 mg
- calcium 301 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place each cutlet between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Combine flour and pepper in a large bowl. Place the egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow dish.
Dredge veal in flour mixture. Dip each cutlet in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal, and saute 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove from heat.
Spread 1 cup Tomato Sauce in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange cutlets in a single layer on top of sauce; spoon the remaining Tomato Sauce over veal. Sprinkle veal with mozzarella. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.