- 3 to 4 pounds veal stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans beef consommé
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound small boiling onions, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
How to Make It
Sauté veal and garlic in butter in a large Dutch oven until veal is no longer pink. Stir in flour. Add consommé, lemon juice, paprika, and bay leaf. Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour over low heat.
Place onions and water to cover in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
Add onions and wine to veal mixture. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until onions are tender. Remove from heat; discard bay leaf, and stir in sour cream. Serve over hot cooked noodles.