Veal Paillards with mushroom, mustard and sherry sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 whole(s) Veal paillards
- 1 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 tablespoon(s) Unsalted butter
- 2 cup(s) mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) medium dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon(s) grainy mustard
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter cold
- 1/4 cup(s) chives chopped
- Season veal with S/P on both sided. Heat 1 tbsp EVOO and 1 tbsp unsalted butter over med-high until butter foams. Add 2 paillards and saute on 1 side till golden brown, about 2 min. Flop and saute until cooked through, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining paillards
- Add 2 cups mushroooms, 2 tbsp unsalted butter to skillet and cook over med till golden. Add 3 tbsp sherry and 2 tbsp grainy mustard and deglaze the pan, scraping brown bits with a wooden spoon. Add 3/4 cup chicken stock and any plate juices. Simmer until sauce reduces by half, about 3 min. Gradully stir in 2 tbsp cold unsalted butter cut into small peices and sprinkel with chives.
- Also can flaveor with garlic, capers, marjoram, parsley and thyme. Try deglazing the pan with Marsala, white wine or lemon juice
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sls0227 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note