I made this tonight and it was perfect. Very simple - the directions were easy to follow and the taste was spectacular. Loved the sauce with the tarragon. Served it with roasted asparagus, instead of steamed and a side of angel hair pasta tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese. It was delicious and one we'll make again - I'm sure!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 436mg
- Calcium: 188mg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices veal scaloppine (about 1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 lemon, halved and seeded
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and steamed
- Béarnaise Sauce
- Fresh tarragon sprigs (optional)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over veal. Combine veal and flour in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to coat veal with flour.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of veal, and cook for 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove veal from skillet; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine and veal. Wipe drippings from skillet.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add the crabmeat, and sauté for 1 minute or until warm. Squeeze the lemon halves over crabmeat, and stir well; remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place 3 veal slices and one-fourth of the steamed asparagus on each of 4 serving plates. Spoon the crabmeat evenly over veal, and top each serving with 3 tablespoons Béarnaise Sauce. Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs, if desired. Serve with angel hair pasta.
Traditional Veal Oscar contains about 725 calories and 60 grams of fat, with 74% of calories from fat. Ours contains a fraction of the calories and fat, with 39% of calories from fat. We suggest serving it with 1/2 cup angel hair pasta to lower each serving to the recommended 30% of calories from fat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note