Veal Fettuccine with Lemon and Olives
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup pasta, 3 ounces veal, and 1/2 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 7.0g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.2g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 757mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound veal cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- . While pasta cooks, combine chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- . Place veal between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of veal with salt and pepper. Coat veal with cooking spray.
- . Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add one-third of veal; cook 30 seconds on each side or just until browned. Remove veal from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining veal.
- . Add olives to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in chicken broth mixture and lemon juice; cook 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick, stirring constantly. Drain pasta. Serve veal and olive sauce over fettuccine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes