Made this for myself and the boyfriend for dinner, with a little bit of doctoring: Used chicken broth, crushed tomatoes + some sundrieds, and added a clove of garlic and a shallot. It was light-tasting and filling served over whole weat rotini. Yum! I only wish that the sauce reduced a little more so it was thicker and really coated the pasta instead of just being soaked up. Also, I would skip adding salt to the sauce, even with reduced-sodium broth you don't need it. Perfect weekday meal, just add a green salad - a 30 minute special!
Veal Cutlets with Wine-Braised Mushrooms
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces veal and about 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 443mg
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1 pound veal scaloppine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup low-salt beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place veal between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to 1/8-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Cut into serving sized pieces; dredge pieces in flour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of veal, and cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer veal to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and veal.
- Add mushrooms and onions to pan, and sauté 1 1/2 minutes until tender. Combine beef broth, Marsala, and water. Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato, salt, and pepper. Pour mushroom sauce over veal. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes