Very good. I had never eaten nor cooked veal before. This was very easy. It's one of the few recipes I have ever followed without making substitutions or exclusions.
Veal Cutlets With Merlot Mushrooms And Zucchini
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Protein: 31.0g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- Calcium: 234mg
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Merlot or other dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 pound veal cutlets (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) grated Gruyere cheese
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat zucchini with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add zucchini and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Coat mushrooms with cooking spray. Place skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until golden. Stir in wine, green onions, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Sprinkle veal evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat veal with cooking spray. Place skillet over high heat. Add half of veal, and cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining veal. Remove veal from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Add water to skillet; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Return mushrooms and veal to skillet; toss to coat with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve with zucchini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes