Veal Cutlets with Marsala Mushrooms
The Marsala and gourmet mushrooms combine to create a rich, smoky topping for the mild-flavored veal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 6.0g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 402mg
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pound (1/4-inch-thick) veal cutlets
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced gourmet mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low-salt beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala
- Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge veal in flour mixture.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of veal, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer veal to a plate; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and veal.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth and wine; simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Return veal to pan, and cook until heated. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note