Veal Cutlets with Marsala Mushrooms
The Marsala and gourmet mushrooms combine to create a rich, smoky topping for the mild-flavored veal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 6.0g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 402mg
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pound (1/4-inch-thick) veal cutlets
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced gourmet mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low-salt beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala
- Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge veal in flour mixture.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of veal, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer veal to a plate; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and veal.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth and wine; simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Return veal to pan, and cook until heated. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This