Veal Cutlets with Leeks and Zinfandel Cream
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 leeks
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound veal cutlets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white Zinfandel
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Remove and discard green tops from leeks. Cut white portions diagonally into thin slices; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl; dredge cutlets in flour mixture. Cook cutlets in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove cutlets from pan, and keep warm.
- Sauté leeks in remaining tablespoon olive oil in skillet 1 minute; add wine, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Add whipping cream, and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Serve with veal.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes