Veal Cordon Bleu
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 8 veal cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3/4-ounce) slices fat-free Swiss cheese
- 1 (1-ounce) slice lean cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place cutlets between 2 sheets of wax paper, and flatten to 1/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle 4 cutlets with pepper. Cut each cheese slice in half; place 1 half-slice in center of each peppered cutlet. Cut ham slice into 4 pieces; place evenly on top of cheese. Place remaining 4 cutlets over ham; pound edges to seal.
- Dredge cutlets in flour. Dip in egg substitute; dredge in breadcrumbs. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add cutlets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Place cutlets in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes