- 8 veal cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3/4-ounce) slices fat-free Swiss cheese
- 1 (1-ounce) slice lean cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 31.1 g
- carbohydrate 12.7 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 98 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 489 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place cutlets between 2 sheets of wax paper, and flatten to 1/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle 4 cutlets with pepper. Cut each cheese slice in half; place 1 half-slice in center of each peppered cutlet. Cut ham slice into 4 pieces; place evenly on top of cheese. Place remaining 4 cutlets over ham; pound edges to seal.
Dredge cutlets in flour. Dip in egg substitute; dredge in breadcrumbs. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add cutlets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Place cutlets in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.