Veal Chops with Red Grape Sauce
The sauce provides a pleasant sweet-savory foil to the tender chops. Serve with sautéed spinach.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces veal and about 1/4 cup grape sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 223
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds veal loin chops (about 2 chops)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup pinot grigio or other dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram leaves, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook 8 minutes; turn veal. Cook 7 minutes or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Transfer veal to a platter. Cover with foil; set aside.
- Add sliced shallots to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until golden. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add red grapes; cook 4 minutes or until grape skins blister. Stir in wine and 1 teaspoon marjoram; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Add beef broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 1/4 cups. Transfer grape mixture to beaker of an immersion blender; puree until smooth. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon marjoram.
- Remove veal from bones; thinly slice. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This