- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (1-inch-thick) veal loin chops
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients; dredge chops in flour mixture. Brown on both sides in hot bacon drippings. Drain chops well, and place in a 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Reserve 2 tablespoons pan drippings in skillet; add butter and 1 tablespoon flour, stirring until smooth. Cook until mixture browns, stirring constantly.
Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to flour mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Pour over chops; cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until chops are tender. Remove chops to serving platter; spoon sauce over chops.