The veal Axoa is a typical Basque recipe (the Basque Country is located in the South West of France). Also called Espelette Axoa, it is a traditional recipe from the South West of France which used to be served on fair days! You will accompany it with a robust wine from the same region such as the Irouléguy AOC or the Madiran AOC. Here is a simple and generic recipe. “Axoa”, pronounced “a-t-sho-a”, the “X” becomes an “sh” orally.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2,2 pound(s) Veal shoulder
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Onion
- 8 Garlic clove
- 1 Oil
- 1 Bay leaves, parlsey, thyme
- 1 salt
- 1 Strong Espelette pepper
- 1) Slice the onion and the garlic thinly
- 2) Take off the seeds from the green chili peppers + the red pepper. Dice them.
- 3) Brown the whole lot in oil on a pan during 10 minutes.
- 4) Add the diced meat, the herbs, salt and the Espelette pepper.
- 5) Sauté the whole lot during 5mn, add a small glass of water or broth.
- 6) Leave it simmer (under cover) during 45 or 60 mn in a boiler.
- 7) 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time, take off the cover.
- 8) It is recommended to prepare it the day before.
- 9) Simmer again for 10 mn covered and 10 mn uncovered.
- 10) Accompany this dish with baked or boiled potatoes.
- Little tip : coming from the Basque Country, I found a website with typical products from my region. It is : www.relaisgourmet.com
- I found a promotional code on a discount website of -15% for their whole site. The code is : LB15
- The website is in English as well. Bon appétit ; )
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cathy253 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Veal Axoa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes