One of my favorite cupcakes!!!! I too also add more vanilla bean paste, and they are excellent. I also filled some of the cupcakes with homemade lemon curd, and they are also very good.
Vanilla-Stuffed Strawberry Cupcakes
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Vanilla Bean Custard
- 24 paper baking cups
- 1 (16-oz.) package angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste*
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Prepare Vanilla Bean Custard.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans. (Do not grease.) Prepare angel food cake batter according to package directions using a paddle attachment. Stir in vanilla bean paste. Spoon batter into baking cups, filling completely full.
- 3. Bake at 325° on middle oven rack 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 4. Gently run a knife around edges of cupcakes to loosen. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 5. Scoop out centers of cupcakes, leaving a 1/2-inch border on bottom and sides. Spoon or pipe Vanilla Bean Custard into centers of cupcakes. Top with strawberries. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 tsp. vanilla extract may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with a number of brands of cake mix and preferred Duncan Hines Angel Food Premium Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note