One of my favorite cupcakes!!!! I too also add more vanilla bean paste, and they are excellent. I also filled some of the cupcakes with homemade lemon curd, and they are also very good.
Vanilla-Stuffed Strawberry Cupcakes
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Vanilla Bean Custard
- 24 paper baking cups
- 1 (16-oz.) package angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste*
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Prepare Vanilla Bean Custard.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans. (Do not grease.) Prepare angel food cake batter according to package directions using a paddle attachment. Stir in vanilla bean paste. Spoon batter into baking cups, filling completely full.
- 3. Bake at 325° on middle oven rack 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 4. Gently run a knife around edges of cupcakes to loosen. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 5. Scoop out centers of cupcakes, leaving a 1/2-inch border on bottom and sides. Spoon or pipe Vanilla Bean Custard into centers of cupcakes. Top with strawberries. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 tsp. vanilla extract may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with a number of brands of cake mix and preferred Duncan Hines Angel Food Premium Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts