Vanilla Sponge Cakes with Fresh Berry Filling
If you don't have a Texas-size or other jumbo muffin tin, spoon the batter into 8 regular-size muffin cups coated with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes, and serve two small sponge cakes per serving. Adding water to unfilled muffin cups distributes the heat evenly in the pan during baking and prevents burning.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 325
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 70.5g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 288mg
- Calcium: 222mg
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Vanilla Sponge Cakes, halved horizontally
- 1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Combine berries and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring until juice forms.
- 2. Place bottom half of a sponge cake on each of 4 individual serving plates. Spoon 3/4 cup berry mixture over cake bottoms. Top berry mixture with 2 tablespoons whipped topping and top half of sponge cake. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note