Community Recipe from
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) cold butter cut into 12 pieces
- 2/3 cup(s) whipping cream room temp plus 1 tsp
- 1 tablespoon(s) pure vanilla extract plus 1/4 tsp
- 1 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- Grease a large baking sheet; set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use a pastry cutter or 2 knives to cut in butter until mixture is very coarse. Combine 2/3 cup of cream and 1 Tbsp vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto generously floured surface. Gently press dough together and pat into circle about 3/4 inch thick & 7 1/2 inches in diameter. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tsp cream & 1/4 tsp vanilla. Brush cream mixture on top of dough; sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cut dough circle into 8 wedges. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cabought and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vanilla scones Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes