- 4 Bartlett or Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- Garnishes: crushed gingersnaps, fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make It
Arrange pears, cut sides down, in a 13-x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar; drizzle evenly with melted spread.
Bake at 375° for 25 to 40 minutes or just until tender. Remove pears from pan, reserving juices in pan; keep pears warm.
Whisk together pan juices, 1/4 cup of water, and vanilla in 13- x 9-inch pan. Stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 minutes or until sauce is thickened and golden. Serve sauce over pears with frozen yogurt. Garnish, if desired.