I would definitely dilute this with at least 2 cups of water. It was very, very sweet/strong before we diluted it. Just too much. But after adding water (I didn't really measure...do it to your taste) it was much better!
This is exceptional when made with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Yield: Makes 6 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 3 small fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice (about 26 to 30 lemons)*
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs, lemon slices (optional)
- Combine sugar, vanilla bean, 3 small fresh rosemary sprigs, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool 30 minutes. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in fresh lemon juice. Cover and chill 3 to 48 hours. Stir just before serving over ice. Garnish, if desired.
- * 3 (7.5-oz.) containers frozen lemon juice, thawed, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages