I would definitely dilute this with at least 2 cups of water. It was very, very sweet/strong before we diluted it. Just too much. But after adding water (I didn't really measure...do it to your taste) it was much better!
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 3 small fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice (about 26 to 30 lemons)*
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs, lemon slices (optional)
- Combine sugar, vanilla bean, 3 small fresh rosemary sprigs, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool 30 minutes. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in fresh lemon juice. Cover and chill 3 to 48 hours. Stir just before serving over ice. Garnish, if desired.
- * 3 (7.5-oz.) containers frozen lemon juice, thawed, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages