Strawberries so tender they're melt-in-your mouth. The sauce is decadent: buttery and silky. I'd use a touch less balsamic and a touch more brown sugar. Nice hints of vanilla, but you might want to add vanilla extract at the end.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 24 strawberries, tops removed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-inch baking pan in oven. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into melted butter; combine. Place strawberries, cut sides down, in pan; sprinkle with sugar. Tuck vanilla halves between berries in bottom of pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until berries are soft. Cool 20 minutes.
- Remove berries from pan, and transfer pan juices to a small skillet. Add wine and vinegar to pan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; whisk in chilled butter. Drizzle sauce over berries. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vanilla-Roasted Strawberries Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts