- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 24 strawberries, tops removed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- calories 135
- caloriesfromfat 51 %
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 16.7 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 5 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-inch baking pan in oven. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into melted butter; combine. Place strawberries, cut sides down, in pan; sprinkle with sugar. Tuck vanilla halves between berries in bottom of pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until berries are soft. Cool 20 minutes.
Remove berries from pan, and transfer pan juices to a small skillet. Add wine and vinegar to pan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; whisk in chilled butter. Drizzle sauce over berries. Serve immediately.