This is an excellent and elegant dessert!
Vanilla Poached Pears with Vanilla Sauce
Photo: Alexandra Grablewski; Styling: Lynn Miller
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.67
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- 1 750ml bottle white wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped out
- 8 Bosc pears, peeled and cored from bottom (stem intact)
- 2 cups fat-free vanilla yogurt
- Stir together wine, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds and 3 cups water in a pan large enough to hold pears standing up. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to low, add pears, cover with parchment and simmer until pears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove pears to a bowl; set aside. Remove vanilla bean. Raise heat to high; boil poaching liquid until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, 35 minutes. Cover and chill pears and syrup.
- Whisk yogurt and syrup together. Spoon sauce onto serving plates; place pear in center of each.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note