Vanilla Mochi Donuts
Mochiko is a Japanese rice flour that can be found in Asian sections of the market. Mochiko gives a nice chew perfect for these donuts.
More From Spice Islands
- 2 cups mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla sugar***
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands Vanilla Extract
- Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar***
- 1. In a large bowl mix together the mochiko, flour, vanilla sugar, eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla. Set aside.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet or home fryer
- 3. Drop by the tablespoon into the hot oil. They will expand a lot. Also the mochiko makes the batter very pull-y and sticky so try your best to keep it formed into nice round shapes.
- 4. Once the dough pops up and floats, fry until golden brown, a few minutes on each side.
- 5. Drain them on a wire rack
- 6. While still hot, roll the donuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- The only thing you will have to make ahead is the vanilla sugar. Scrape and bury a vanilla bean into two cups of sugar. Keep in an airtight container until you are ready to use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vanilla Mochi Donuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes