Vanilla Meringue Cookies
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- Beat first 4 ingredients at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves.
- Spoon mixture into 36 (1 1/4-inch) mounds onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 200° for 2 hours; turn oven off. Let meringues stand in closed oven with light on for 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note