This is a very good buttercream recipe. I used it to make a fondant cake and it worked perfectly. Unlike the other review, I found the espresso flavour to be perfect with the added flavour of the vanilla. Not too bitter at all. My only possible criticism is that it seemed very sweet, but I mean, it's buttercream! Great recipe.
Vanilla Latte Buttercream Frosting
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 3 to 5 Tbsp. milk
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 3 Tbsp. milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition. Beat in up to 2 Tbsp. additional milk for desired consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts