Vanilla-Jasmine-Sour Cream Tea Cake
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla-jasmine loose tea leaves*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, mint sprig
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream, beating until well blended.
- Sift together 1 1/4 cups flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Spoon half of batter into a greased and floured 9-inch cake pan. Sprinkle evenly with 2/3 cup brown sugar mixture; spoon remaining half of batter evenly over brown sugar mixture in pan; sprinkle evenly with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack; garnish, if desired.
- *1 tablespoon Bigelow French Vanilla tea leaves may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used The Tea Room's Vanilla Jasmine Tea for the cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts