Vanilla Ice Cream "Drowned" in Espresso (Affogato al Caffè)
More From Sunset
- Calories: 266
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- 1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream (enough for 8 scoops)
- 1 cup strong brewed espresso, at room temperature or hot
- 1. Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream into each of 8 small bowls and put bowls in freezer for at least 1 hour and up to 6.
- 2. When ready to serve, put each bowl of ice cream on a small dinner plate and set a shot glass next to it. Fill glasses with espresso, dividing evenly, for each guest to pour onto ice cream.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Notes: So that the espresso would prettily coat the ice cream for the photo, Valerie Aikman-Smith cooled it to room temperature before pouring it over the rock-hard ice cream. Serve it that way, if you like, or the traditional Italian way--hot, which turns the ice cream into an instant float. You'll need 8 shot glasses for this recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note