This is good, but way too sweet for breakfast. Would be great in the afternoon.
Vanilla Honey-Nut Smoothie
Start with creamy frozen yogurt and add peanut butter, milk, and honey for a nutty sweet treat. Silken tofu and ground flaxseed help this smoothie stick with you throughout an afternoon of running errands.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Calcium: 250mg
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup cubed soft silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Sprinkle with flaxseed, if desired.
Flaxseed boosts heart health and may enhance vision. You can find it in health-food stores already ground. Or grind whole flaxseed in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Store it in the refrigerator or freezer to keep it fresh. Enjoying this smoothie also helps you meet your daily calcium needs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note