- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Combine eggs and sugar in top of a double boiler; beat well. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and whipping cream. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly with a metal spoon, 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the spoon. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into six 6-ounce custard cups. Cover and chill thoroughly. Before serving, sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This