Vanilla Crumb Cakes
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Vanilla Glaze
- Stir together sugars in a large bowl. Add flour and nutmeg, whisking until blended. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk in egg. Pour over crumb mixture in large bowl; stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into a greased jumbo muffin pan, filling 4 muffin cups with batter. Fill 2 empty cups halfway with water. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over batter, pressing lightly into batter. Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove cakes from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This