Vanilla Creme Anglaise from Southern Living
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) 2 % reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pinch(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Heat milk and cream in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat just until bubbles and steam appear (do not boil).
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a bowl; gradually whisk in 1/4 of the hot milk mixture. Gradually add warm egg mixture to remaining hot milk mixture, whisking constantly; cook, whisking constantly, 7 minutes, or until mixture thinly coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Whisk in the vanilla.
- 3. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vanilla Creme Anglaise from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes