Vanilla Crème Anglaise
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Yield: Makes 1 cup
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Heat milk and cream in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat just until bubbles and steam appear (do not boil).
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a bowl; gradually whisk in one-fourth of hot milk mixture. Gradually add warm egg mixture to remaining hot milk mixture, whisking constantly; cook, whisking constantly, 7 minutes or until mixture thinly coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Whisk in vanilla.
- 3. Pour though a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Serve warm.
- Brought to the table by blogger Nealey Dozier (dixiecaviar.com).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments