Vanilla Cream Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 baked (9-inch) chocolate wafer piecrust
- Whole fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a medium saucepan; add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Gradually stir one-fourth of hot mixture into eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and gently stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into chocolate wafer piecrust. Chill completely.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.
- Note: Fresh blueberries, kiwi, pineapple, or strawberries may be substituted for raspberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries