1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and beat until well mixed.
4. Using a spoon, stir in the flour until well blended.
5. Pack the dough into a cookie press according to the instructions and fit with the desired shaped cookie disk.
6. Press the dough out onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing the cookies 1 inch apart.
7. Bake until the cookies are lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
8. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.
9. Decorate with colored sugars or icings if desired.
Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Makes 40 to 60 cookies.
Go to full version of