- 3 (15-ounce) cans chopped pears, undrained (we tested with Libby's)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
How to Make It
Drain pears, reserving 1 1/4 cups liquid. Set pears aside. Combine 1/4 cup reserved liquid with cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon, stirring until smooth.
Combine remaining 1 cup liquid with sugar, bourbon, and butter in a small saucepan; gradually stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sauce is thickened.
Place pears in an ungreased 8" square baking dish. Pour sauce over pears; sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.