I have made this a few times already and it is awesome! It is very straight forward - no special tricks and it turns out very professionally.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Graham Cracker Crumbs (11-12 pieces)
- 3 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) Butter Unsalted, Softened
- 3 package(s) Cream Cheese Room temp, (8 oz ea)
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 3/8 cup(s) Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs at room temp
- Preheat the oven to 400 Deg F. Lightly grease a 9" springform pan.
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Stir until the mixture is well blended and the crumbs are evenly moist.
- Pour it into a spring form pan and press evenly onto the bottom and about 1.5" up the side. Bake until lightly golden and set, about 8 min. Let it cool on a rack.
- Reduce the oven temp to 300 Deg F.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl combine the cream cheese, flour and salt, Using a mixer set on medium high speed, beat until very smooth and fluffy, stopping and scraping down the sides frequently. Add the sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time and beating well after each. Pour it into the crust.
- Bake the cheesecake until the filling is set but still a little jiggly in the center, and the edges are slightly puffed, about 45-55 min for a stoneware pan. 45 min for a metal pan. The filling will firm as it cools. Let cool on a rack at room temp. When it is finally at room temp, refrigerate until well chilled, preferrably overnight.
- To serve, unclasp and remove the sides. Run a long thin instrument between the pan bottom and the cheesecake to seperate it. Carefully slide it onto a serving platter. Using a thin bladed knife, cut the cake into slices, dipping the knife into hot water and wiping it dry before each cut.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vanilla Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts