These tarts are beautiful. I served them at a luncheon. They were well received.
Individual Vanilla-Buttermilk Tarts make impressive desserts. Top the tarts with fresh fruit and basil sprigs for a darling and attractive garnish.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 (8- or 10-oz.) package frozen tart shells
- Toppings: fresh fruit, fresh basil sprigs
- 1. Whisk together sugar and flour in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan; add buttermilk and eggs, and whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until a pudding-like thickness. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla bean paste. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, bake frozen tart shells according to package directions, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Spoon custard into tart shells, and top with desired toppings just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note